Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm so excited

And i just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, and I daresay, I like it.

The GANZA is so soon now, and I am so excited/scared I could just pee. Things seem to be going well, all the T's crossed and eyes dotted. The Publicity seems to go well. The SEE cover came out a bit early, but that is okay, this happens. A little prepress is a good thing, and we still got VUE and multiple Journal pieces coming out, not to mention our hilarious Sonic ads and posters going up, our tent cards and so forth. People should come, they came last year...

Also there is the "Seeing Old Friends" component. I am just excited for that. Ah, to hug my man Lee White, to drink a cold one with Rene Dellafont, to sit at the feet of Patti Stiles, Improv's prettiest guru.

Mostly I just want to provide my guests with large audiences to delight. That is my chief function here, and I aim to please. I am not worried about what the groups will do when they get here. They're so awesome. I just know the shows will be great. It is wonderful to beleive in what you are selling. That's why working at the GAP sucks so much.

Today I am running all about, doing interviews, dropping off passes, meeting with the lady from Avenue.

Did you know that Avenue is preparing to drop an edmonton version here? (This may be a secret, but nobody told me to keep it) You may know the glossy arts-lifestyle mag from Clagary, well here it comes to Eville, and they've asked me to write a comedy thing for the back page of the inaugural issue. I am kind of excited about that too.

I guess I am just generally excited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in all of your excitement, you forgot (or were just too damn modest) to mention your crazy out east news. so i will take it upon myself to brag for you. DORA NOMINATIONS? the fancy pantsy toronto theatre awards? nominations for BOTH your musical boygroove AND your tya show wrecked? holy shit. that's pretty exciting! congratulations! and may your festival kick ass, as i'm sure it will.

cradman said...

I was a little worried it looked like bragging. thanks baby.

Shawn Pallier said...

I was reading June 7th's paper, and I was like DAMN!... Not only all the nominations, but Matt Alden is so sexy. Uh, I mean handsome. Handsome for the ladies.

Not me.

Ahem.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Dora Nominations! Wow.
The vibe with the international players is absolute joy, the ganza is going to be a blast. Thanks for all the hours it takes to put it together.
And thanks for the sweet words *blush*
Patti Stiles