Wednesday, December 27, 2006

packing for Calgary a bit
but Nicaragua mostly
did a stop motion of my pile of tapes
reaching up in a dated way
it's a big pile

bringing the old laptop
in case it gets stolen
then I can still write
and we can watch dvds

bringing a binder
for my notes
pre-logging my tapes
already shot a spanish lesson
or two

took back my camera to get a better one
price tag went from 799 to 949 to 1100
and i didn't rent a lav yet
they say this is how it's done
shoot some decent footage
and get money for post
they say
they say a lot of things
i ask a lot of questions
and get a lot of advice
i thank my advisors
i'd like to thank the academy
but I know i never will

there's some xmas footage
in and amongst
did i say this already
what did i already say
what i will i say in this doc
that hasn't been said already?

it's hard to be poor
they don't deserve the hard times they've had
america was unjust with them
it's all well known
to those who care to know it

and those who don't
will call me a liar
they can
if they want
just let me take my 78 tapes
through customs
i just like videotaping, sir
i don't need a permit
I'm just a tourist

taking a break from my comfortable life
to videotape some harder ones
to talk to people who have done more than me
in a language i don't know

I don't know
what I am doing

but it's never stopped me before

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never read your blog
but i decided to
so now
all i want
is to write in verses
that i will miss you,
crad

poetically,
amy

Anonymous said...

Go make magic Crad.