Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweat

spanish is hard
to misquote steve martin
ít´s like these spanish people have a different word for everything
but more
different grammar too
different rules
por and para
they both kind of mean for
but they mean a lot more than that
i always kind of doubted i could learn spanish in three two hour sessions
but now i am sure

today i am shooting at galleries
there´s a painter i am hoping to interview
he was in the group that painted the murals of the revolution
huge things on walls, blantantly political
you´ll see
if i ever show my doc to anyone
in Nicaragua people paint their politics on the walls
there are no mexican wrestler faces
no one writes listen
they write who they want to be president
and BUSH GENOCIDA
which speaks for itself
we write that too
but this big
not this EVERYWHERE

Nicaragua sweats politics
and it´s always hot

3 comments:

The MacKenzie Family Circus said...

I thought french was hard because inanimate objects are either male or female. Then I took a german class, and they throw in neuter too.

I suck at languages. I'm sure you're doing much better than I would.

We miss you here, and will covet your tan when you return.

Anonymous said...

Your blog, one of the more enjoyable ones to read at this point!

Kevin Gillese said...

And I miss you... like the deserts miss the rain.

Rock the doc bro.