Monday, March 20, 2006

The Other Reason I am in Toronto

So the other reason I am in Toronto, the non-BoyGroove thing on which I am spending most of my time, is my play for young audiences Wrecked being done by the excellent company Roseneath Theatre and directed by the awesome Richard Greenblatt, who you theatre nerds will know is the world reknowned co author of Two Pianos, Four Hands, as well as a million other things.

Also -this cast is terrific, what a bunch of awesome folks who are great in the show and bring the play to wonderful life. I hereby deliver a large package of mad props, and invite them to "holler". The show is gonna tour around high schools in Toronto for about 8 weeks.

The cool thing about doing TYA in Toronto is that their schools are old, and in the olden days schools used to be built with an "auditorium". A huge room, capable of housing the entire school population in comfortable chair for an assembly or a speech, or in our case, a play. In Alberta we have to do them in gyms, and the kids have to sit on floor. Which generally sucks.

The play is doing it's first high school performance today at Danforth Collegiate. I am going to check it out, and then get out of Dodge. First stop is Brussels, where my Uncle bought a massive house, like truly huge, like how can a house this big NOT be haunted, big house.

(One of the things about small towns in Southern Ontario is that there are mansion sized houses for sale all over for bargain prices. This one cost my uncle a really reasonable 200K or so, which in Toronto will buy you a parking space and zoning for a tent. )

Then I am off to Kitchener to visit my wonderful Moms who gave me my life all those years ago. Thanks Mom!

No comments: