Thursday, March 16, 2006

so here i am in toronto

And times is crazy.

I wrote this musical about boy bands called boygroove. I typed half of it, and the other half I wrote long hand half-stoned on a beach in Thailand. And it is now poised to be the most successful thing I ever wrote, and even in my humble career, that's saying something.

My valient cast has been touring the thing for two years now, fringes across Canada and down in Orlando, the Just For Laughs Festival, Centaur Theatre in Montreal, places like that. It contains songs like:

You make my hips buck baby
ooh you drive me crazy

and rap like:

that band sucks
sucks, more than their mother
sucks, more than they suck
when they suck off each other
more than than fuck
their own little brothers
i'm gonna KILL BOY GROOVE
and move on to the others UH!

As the boy band croons and the evil Eminem character is the bad bad guy. It's a bit silly. Certainly fun, and kind of awesome, when done properly, and I am here to make sure it is. Aaron Macri did the music and Ken Grown directed it. There's a website www.boygroove.ca if you wanna check it out. Look quick and you can compare it to the one the big producers put up.

Yeah. Cause some big producers are gonna put it up on a big stage in Toronto. Then New York. If things go well. So now it's time for all of us to go about making it go well.

The theatre is cool. The producers are cool. Tommorrow i meet with the PR company. Probably they are cool. I'm cool.

So all should be well.

(check back here to see if all will be well)

1 comment:

Kory Mathewson said...

Cool man, I was always wondering about BoyGroove, I felt weird to ask you being unknowing and all... It sounds pretty whack, something I would really dig...

Thanks...