Sunday, November 19, 2006

opening night

Mistakes were made
By me mostly
And others
It was not the best show ever
But god bless them
They bought it

Fictional characters drank with
Their actual progenitors
Lish by Lish
She even wore the hat

Steve and Lee showed up
With Marcie and um, Steve’s girlfriend
Very nice people
Herbie was there
I met lesli and james
He does great impressions of people we know
Authentic David Craig
Uncanny Ron Jenkins

We stayed up late at the basement party
Why not?

iPod versus iPod
So many halleluhjahs
That song
Gives me memories of the pain I used to feel
When I heard
That song

They left us there
I guess they trust us
I wouldn’t leave a visiting company
To end a party at my theatre
We were good citizens
We cleaned up after ourselves
Clean dishes
Piled up

The cab driver
Got lost
It made him angry
Brad reasoned with him
It was awkward
To take
The long way home

No one knows where queen street is
Not even me

Enter, smoke, turn on tv
Colbert is on again at four
Just in time to watch it
Before sleep kicks in my door

So I rhyme sometimes
So what

No comments: