Saturday, May 13, 2006

A rough patch

My improv, especially in Theatresports, has been going through quite a rough patch. After some 14 years of doing this stuff, I find most Fridays I am hitting the second half tired, distracted and without the spark I need to really rock it out there. The stuff I am doing is okay, but just that, and sometimes less. It lacks luster. What is that word? Lackluster. Luckily Mark to the Meer has been around to save my ass.

CHiMPROV goes a lot better for me, for one reason or the other.

Maybe when Kevvy gets home, the pleasure of seeing my good friend and improvising with him again will relight my fires.

Maybe the sloughing off of external theatrical work will leave me the energy I need for the RFT stage.

Maybe the upcoming GANZA will inspire me to greater heights.

And if that doesn't work, a break. Like a month break from short form improv.

I'll still do the CHiMP though. I mean, do you see how many HopRocks shows are coming up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I feel I've been in a bit of a rough patch as well with my improv.

I think it was the 2 and 1/2 month hiatus I took while touring Hip-Hop. (the good news is my freestyling is better than ever)

I think that the two of us should team up, hang out and generally focus on our work as soon as I get back.

We'll train like Rocky. And come out on top.

What do you say?

Quahtreenuh said...

HopRocks!
Fannnntastic!