Friday, May 05, 2006

tonight is a workshop performance of BASH'd

Yes! You heard right!

(if you read that aloud to yourself and you heard it, then YES! YOU HEARD RIGHT!)

The incredibly anticipated in incredibly small circles workshop presentation of BASH'd, a gay rap opera, by Nathan Cuckow, Aaron Macri, and me. I am nervous as hush puppies at an athlete's foot convention, but I can only hope the beat will stay with us and the rhymes will amuse and contort the assembled theatre nerds.

I am always amazed at the turn outs these things get. But then, I guess if an artist you liked, say Picasso, said (probably in Spanish) hey, you wanna look at this painting. It's not done, but if you want, you can look at it, and then later when it's done you can compare, well, you'd look at that painting, wouldn't you.

Like if Jonathan Franzen said, (in English) hey Crad, check it out, my new book. It's just a first draft, but i like it so far, why not give it a look, well, I sure as hell would.

Not that I am famous like those guys, but you get the idea. Maybe it's not that mysterious after all.

No comments: