Thursday, April 20, 2006

hey diddly dee

an artist's life for me.

so I am home from my 36 hour trip to Toronto, where I saw the better part of every T shirt on Queen St with my friend M to the R U B. We brought tons back for the boygroove guys to wear and the liked almost none of it. In the end we turned it over to a designer, which is never a bad idea.

So I had my dates wrong and thought BG previewed in Toronto last night, being Wednesday. I thought it opened this Friday. Thankfully, it does not preview until Friday and then opens the following Wednesday, which is a giant relief. More time in the theatre for the polishing and priming of our lil opus, and that is all to the good.

If you are in Toronto, you might have seen a BoyGroove poster fall out of your Now Magazine as you looked for the horoscopes. That's because 150, 000 of them went out inserted into Nows, which was then, and yet to the past, remains the future. Also the Toronto Star put in a great piece on the cover of their What's On section, and the BoyGroove.ca went to over 300 hits a day. So things are looking good. fingers crossed!

So now I am knee deep in gay rap with my man Nate to C U C K, which we will be dropping at the Springboards festival, a very civilized event which we are sure to offend. An even more conservative theatre has expressed interest in Calgary, which just goes to show how much people want to hear other people rhythmically swear.

Life remains crazy busy, and I look forward to having some time in early July to hang around on my couch and ignore the fantastic weather. I want to get high and watch movies. I am tired of being so multitasked and effective, and stressed out.

Also, I think I have a meeting at 11 tommorrow, but I can't for the life of me think with who?

If I have a meeting with you tomorrow, can you call me?

No comments: